Monday, 25 July 2011

life is fab - for once.

Where do I start.

I have had a fab few days. Firstly i finished work on Friday. Yes the end of the school year. I know us teachers get too long off. But God I need the break. Exhausted isn't the word. I have written my lists of things to do. One for home and one for work. They are both a side of a4. The next six weeks will fly by and my lists ......will remain the same length!

Saturday was amazing. The weather was so nice, beautiful sunshine all day. We had arranged to go out for lunch with friends. Friends that I feel are very unique. These friend's are not married, but are together and don't have kids, but seem to appreciate ours. In fact it would seem that they are quite taken by them. I don't think it will be long before they start thinking about having their own, but it is nice to know that they like ours. Friends like these are rare. Many of my old friends have become more distant since we have had children. Friends that were close are no longer. True friends are hard to find, and even harder if you have children! Most people I am acquainted with are not true friends. They are more in the desperate yummy mummy wannabee club. Women i talk to briefly in the playground, but i am not in the same league. I don't change my clothes to pick up my kids. I don't parade around with my Cath Kidston handbag, that has the same shit in it that i have in my pockets, back of pram etc! So the company was fab on Saturday. It took us a while to decide on a family friendly pub on Dartmoor, that has run around space, but it was great as was the food.

Sunday was a bit different. Grey clouds and colder, so much colder. We had arranged to see my parents at thier beach house. We were undecided as to whether to go, but went. The weather didn't stop son no 1 from swimming but not the little too, they go blue too quickly! We bbqed in the evening all huddled around. I do love it really. Its how i spent my childhood, cold, wrapped in layers, on a beach.

Today has been great too. Number one doesn't finish school until tomorrow. Tonight, they had their annual summer concert. Parents, family and friends take a picnic and sit on the field and the school band, choir and musicians show off their talents. It was amazing to watch these children and to see how talented they are. I think this is a greaat achievement for the school and the pupils and their talents should be celebrated. Music is something that in many schools is very much behind the scenes and it was lovely to see the children, staff and parents etc enjoying the evening. The weather helped! Lets hope it continues for the next six weeks, I doubt we will be so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment