Thursday, 22 December 2011

December!

December is the one month I struggle with.

I both love December and despise it!

I love Christmas, the preparation. Putting the decorations up with the boys and this year Monkey has really got into it. The decorations have been rearranged after the boys have gone to bed, as it would now seem happens in many households. The tree looks fab, though I am beginning to doubt whether there will be any needles on it on Sunday! I love Christmas time, the songs, being with my family and the time off work but.....

I also hate this month. It is by far the most stressful month of the year. Nine days before Christmas is Beanie's birthday. This year he was 8! Where did those eight years go? We held his party at home. 15 seven and eight year olds in my house! They were good but the whole process just gets to me. There I am being my organised self with christmas presents bought and then he gets given it for his birthday. I hate the fact that he was born just before Christmas when he should have arrived in the February. Yesterday I returned £35 worth of duplicate presents!

I also hate the fact that yet again I will be alone on Christmas morning with the boys. Moors-daddy is scheduled to work again this Christmas. He is on early turn weekend, 7-5 Saturday through till Tuesday! Though on the bank holidays his shift is reduced by two hours so he will finish at 3pm. But he still misses the important bit and I am left to take 3 boys for a dog walk when they want to open and play with presents! I hope that moors-daddy will get one Christmas off before Beanie stops believing and I think we may only have another couple of years!

I knew I wouldn't blog much this month, I just haven't had the time. I still have so much left to do. People will be popping in on Christmas day and the in laws will be here for a very late christmas dinner, but part of me just wishes it was over already. I wanted to post a Christmas linky but I am struggling to find the time to sit down and work out how to. I know I have to blog more in the new year and I want to set myself a challenge but at the moment I am not quite sure what! Though I have a few ideas!

There are also a few changes a foot, but I will blog about them nearer the time. So if I don't get on here again before Sunday. To all my followers and readers have a lovely christmas and I hope Santa brings you everything you and your children wish for! Merry Christmas xx

No comments:

Post a Comment