Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Review - Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse

sudocrem_sunscreen_mousse.png


I was recently sent a canister of the new Sudocrem Sunscreen Mousse (Factor 50) from the people at Sudocrem and  Blog-Match to review.

It arrived just as the sun went in and the rain began to fall!

I love Sudocrem and always carry some on me. In my handbag I have the little tubs that I got free in my Bounty bag when I was in hospital, I regularly refill them from a bigger container. We use Sudocrem for a variety of things in our house, nappy rash, eczema, sunburn and as a moisturiser, and as I love Sudocrem so much I knew I would love the mousse too.
The Sunscreen mousse comes in a 150ml canister, a perfect size for handbags and changing bags.

The Sudocrem team state that this mousse is...


A revolutionary factor 50 sun protection mousse for babies & children

  • Using Proderm Technology®, designed for young children and babies
  • Hypoallergenic, paraben/preservative/perfume/additive free
  • Four-star UVA protection
  • Easy and quick to apply, even to impatient little ones
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • More effective than many existing cosmetic sunscreens
  • Absorbed into the skin to give long-lasting protection from UVA and UVB radiation
  • Broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
  • Also protects against irritation from salt, chlorine, sand and wind burn
  • Rapidly absorbed and does not leave a greasy residue on the skin
  • More resistant to water and towel-drying than conventional sunscreens
  • Does not block the pores of the skin, allowing it to breath naturally
The mousse itself is slightly thicker than I was expecting, but this is a good thing as it makes it easy to apply, as it doesn't run like conventional creams/lotions do. It doesn't have the normal Sudocrem smell to it either, it smells like sun lotion, a smell I love! It is easy to squirt the mousse out and the mousse is easy for young children to self apply, which is a real bonus as at both school and nursery the children are expected to do this themselves. The mousse itself, is not sticky and does not leave any residue as many lotions do. It is also water resistant, so would be perfect for those of us with water babies. (Maybe I should have tested it in the rain after all!)
I like the fact that it also a high sun factor (50) as we always use at least a factor 30 but this would offer a bit more protection for when (if) the sun does start to shine.
It retails at £15 at Boots but is currently on offer for £10 and was sent to me free of charge to review from the Sudocrem team.

No comments:

Post a Comment